Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Can you believe it!?

So today is the day. Chandler is now officially 8 years old today and nearly a man (well, almost). If you ask me, time flies by way too fast. It seems that it was just a week ago that I was holding him for the first time in my arms and couldn't be a happier parent. Chandler has been one of the greatest blessings in my life. He has brought me joy and happiness, confusion and clarity. On top of making me a better person all in all he has grown to be such a great person and makes me feel that I have done the best by what he has become so far. He is so brilliant, his schoolwork never slacks and almost seems too easy for him. His classmates adore him. He is incredibly helpful to them and his younger siblings. His brotherly love is astounding and I can only hope that he continues to grow and be such a fantastic example for his fellow beings.


Chandler you have brought so much sunshine into our lives. You are a wonderful son! I honestly can't believe how amazing you are. I continue to watch you grow and it only makes me wonder more about God and how great He is for giving you to us. It almost seems impossible with how much you have taught me, that I think you are teaching me more, rather than the other way around. I hope you realize how much I love you. I can only emphasize what a great blessing you are to me. You honestly made me grow up. You helped me realize that motherhood is so important and I couldn't ask for anything better than that. I am so blessed to have you in my life and I thank God every day for how smart you are and how fun and loving you are. I look forward to watching you grow and learn more. Thank you for being you!
On a lighter note and not so gushy here are some things about Chandler that I am sure everyone needs to know!
~Chandler likes to read and he does so very well even though Recess is his favorite part of the school day.
~Chandler likes to play baseball
~His favorite food for dinner is Shepherds pie, Mexican lasagna, Chicken and Rice and Cottage Cheese and Pears
~Favorite color is Red
~Favorite show on T.V. is Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
~He aspires to be a master builder someday, at least that was what it was this morning ;)
~His favorite superhero is Spiderman!
~Free time is spent on the computer playing an assortment of games or playing on the PS2 with his father.

4 comments:

Tawny said...

I can't believe he is 8!!!
What a wonderful handsome little man you have raised.
Happy Birthday Chandler!!!

Kristina said...

Chandler, we love Ruff Ruffman too!
My favorite color is red as well!
Happy birthday!!!

Dez said...

I cannot believe it's been that long. I remember you being preggers with him. Happy birthday Chandler, we love you so much!

AmyW said...

You have such a beautiful family!! I can hardly believe how much it has grown. You are such awesome people Congrats to Chandler!!!He is a great boy