Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thankful Tuesday





I think sometimes we all get so caught up in our day to day lives that we forget to thank God for all that he has done for us. The bible states that we should pray continually and in all circumstances give thanks and be joyful no matter what is happening.




I find that a lot of the time it is rough to do this. How can you possibly be joyful when you have so many things going on, so many things to bring you down. How are you going to pay the bills without the income? How are you supposed to be thankful for that? What do we thank God for when there doesn't seem to be positive going on around you?


It is so important to look for the positive in our lives. The messy house that you have that proves you have active children that have imaginations and are too busy enjoying life to clean up. Thank God for that! Friends that pray for you, a family that loves you and salvation through Jesus Christ and his atonement. Praise God that we have these things and and so many more to thank him for.

Here is my Thankful Tuesday list:
1. My messy house
2. My children and husband. They are truly the most important thing to me here on this earth.
3. I get to stay home with my kids
4. I have a Heavenly Father that I can put my trust in. He will not fail me!
5. I have food in my cupboards to feed my family, where so many don't.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

1 comments:

Kristina said...

sounds crazy, but at some point you may find that you are thankful for the "not fun things" like losing a job, a huge doctor's bill, etc. I have found recently that when things come up that almost make me scream, I remember that this is one more thing that God and I (and my cute hubby) are going to conquer.
Barbara M