Tuesday, November 18, 2008

t-t-t-taday juniah

Well today was certainly a rather busy day. Lastnight I started sorting through one of our many closets that we have just been throwing clothes in that the kids have grown out of. There ended up being 8 boxes of clothes that we didn't need at all. I began to call around the ward and asking if there were people that needed new baby clothes or other baby items. There was a baby swing, infant carseat, bouncy chair, and a busy chair (for lack of the real word)and a bassinette.

We honestly don't plan on making anymore babies anytime soon. I know I know why should we stop when we make them so beautiful right? If we ever have more it will be after we can get on our feet completely. After we have finished school and once we can get into another house to settle permanently.
Anyway, I called around and found two moms that could take some of this stuff off my hands and I now only have 3 boxes of clothes left to give away a baby swing and the bassinette. On top of cleaning out the closet (somewhat, I am still hoping to get rid of more!) I really felt like I was able to help someone that needed it and would appreciate it. As of late I haven't felt like I have been doing enough and this certainly perked up my day. Who ever said getting rid of your old things was a sad thing?! Not me that's for sure!

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Yeah, this seems to be a non ending thing for me. It does feel good at letting go of the clutter. Now if I can just stop getting so much "paper" from the school and mail, I might be able to stay on top of it all!

Good for you!
Barbara Manatee

Tawny said...

HI JEN.
I am so excited to find your blog and see all your lovely chilluns. I am so glad you guys are doing well, and I am going to enjoy keeping up with you....online at least.
Tawny (Eastman)
potterymom.blogspot.com

Jake and Jen said...

Kris,
I think cleaning out is a constant never ending thing..kind of like dishes >.< how I loathe them! You know what I have been doing with all the papers from school? Usually they only print on one side, so I like to just put them in a folder and keep them by the phone and use them for scrap papers for quick notes! I bet I have saved millions of trees by now. Right?

Tawny! Great to hear from you and I would love to keep in touch with you this way. Makes for a quick look and kids are always a blast to see :) Great to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by :)