Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sprouts & Tomatoes


Ok this was the weirdest thing I have ever seen in the entirety of my life. Okay maybe not the weirdest because the children do some rather odd things but I rank this way up there..Perhaps number 3. I was making some deli sandwiches for Jake and myself yesterday for lunch and I began to slice a tomato that I had just purchased from the store. After the first slice falls to the cutting board I look at it and there is something small and long in the areas that the seeds would have been and there I go thinking...OH MY STARS! There's worms in this tomato I JUST bought this?! Lo and Behold...Not worms...But SPROUTS! I continue slicing...This thing is infested with sprouts. Now how in the world did that happen? You tell me..I didn't eat it. It weirded me out too much. I think I was in shock.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmm tomato growths



...ok that's weird. This website already has my name filled out in the name spot.... *looks around*

The Cox Family said...

Did you get that at WalMart? I bought some there and the exact same thing happened. Of course my kids would not eat it.

By the way...that is a gorgeous family picture.

Sarah said...

Eww, that is so gross! Makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it! Yuck!