Sunday, October 26, 2008

Provocation of the mind


If you cut corners, your children will too.
If you lie, they will too.
If you spend all your money on yourselves and tithe no portion of it for charities, colleges, churches, synagogues, and civic causes,your children won't either.
And if you snicker at racial and gender jokes, another generation will pass on the poison adults still have not had the courage to snuff out.
--Marian Wright
I have been coming across a lot of thought provoking quotes lately and this is one of them that I wanted to share. Now more than ever I am seeing the disrespect for religion, race and hard work. That really is not the type of behavior I want for my children. Upon coming across this quote, I have come to a better decision to try harder, not only for myself but for my children to do my part at making this world a better place. If not parents setting the standards then who? They spend so much of thier lives looking up to us and testing thier boundaries to see how far they can go and look to us to save them and bring them back to the straight and narrow. I hope my children can see what a hard working father they have and respect that. I hope they can see the life that we dedicate to God. I hope they can understand the respect for other peoples feelings, thoughts and freedoms. All these things fall to us parents to teach these children and I commit to being the best teacher that I can.

0 comments: